Thursday, October 2, 2008

James Nachtwey - War Photographer

Recently I had the chance to watch the documentary War Photographer. This fantastic documentary is about James Nachtwey a photojournalist who focuses on the dark side of humanity, war. It was a great movie and I recommend it to everyone even if you are not a photographer.

Several times throughout the movie I was so moved by the scenes before me I wanted to scream. The passion he has for telling the story, the way he went about the photography, almost meek in his manor yet courageous in his life.



James has won the 2007 TedPrize, a $100,000.00 prize for one wish to change the world. James is getting ready to release his photos of events that are underreported and will most likely shock the world. The date for the unveiling is Oct 3 2008. Watch for it.

Here is James prize wish video.



Find out more about James Nachtwey, TED and the TedPrize here.

Chris.

No comments:

Post a Comment