Thursday, January 8, 2009

My Photographic Goals For 2009

I've been giving this some thought over the last week. What do I want to accomplish with my photography in 2009? I'm sure I don't have my list complete but I'm going to list off some of the things I want to do this year.

In no particular order here they are.

1) Finish my NYIP Professional Photography Course.
This one should be easy enough. I'm half way now and just about to finish the 4th unit.

2) Shoot at least 1 wedding.
I'm booked for September 19 2009. That should take care of itself.

3) Start my portrait business.
And with that, create my website for my portfolio.

4) Have at least 1 photo published in a print publication.
Even the local community newspaper would be nice.

5) Organize an Edmonton photo walk.
Not just go on one but get a group of people to come on one of my routes.

6) Photograph an event in Edmonton.
One of the local track meets, festivals or something along those lines.

7) Read more photography books.
Then read more.

8) Promote myself better.
Business cards, a portfolio, etc.

9) Be more confident in my skills.
Without being arrogant. A quiet confidence if you will.

10) Learn to accept that I'm not perfect and I will make bad photos.
This will be the hardest one.

Chris.

No comments:

Post a Comment