Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Failed Project.

Have you ever had a project that you thought was a great idea? The more you thought about it, the more you thought, this is going to be awesome. I have them all the time.

My latest was a photo I wanted to do putting an industrial spin on a fine dining setting. I had all these ideas of using oilfield blind flanges as plates, wrenches as forks and spoons, exacto knives for steak knives, etc. It seemed like such a great concept, at the time.

I spent several days thinking about the setting. The table top would be just a board, the background was to be an insulated wall. It seemed like it would be such a great shot. All the rust and the shiny tools together.

Well, it was not. The shot I envisioned just would not come to be. I took 15 or 16 shots and the best one I came up with is this.

Fine Dining. Industrial Style.Just goes to show you that not everything you think is a great idea for a photo actually is a great idea. But, at the same time, if you don't try, you will never know for sure. Sadly though this was to be my first great fine art image! Haha! Well, it's a lesson. And know I know.

Now on to the next crazy idea, whatever that will be.

Chris.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe it's because not enough focus was placed on the food? But fab idea nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True, I should have put more food in there. Next time. :)

    ReplyDelete