Monday, October 7, 2013

A Family Wedding!

This past weekend we had the first local wedding in our family since my wife and I got married. On her side anyway. There was another a couple of years ago but it was a distance wedding. We just couldn't make it to that one.

Anyway this one was my wife's cousin and his fiancee. I've been waiting for this one for a few years already. We knew it was coming though. They are perfect together.

Both my kids were part of the wedding party. My daughter, one of the flower girls and my son handed out programs to all the guests as they arrived. They looked so good and so grown up. I wasn't the photographer, I will never photograph a wedding. Way too much stress. Also, I'm just not set up for weddings. I need some faster glass than what I have. At least with portrait work, I can control the light if needed. That said, I took my share of photos while I was shooting video for the happy couple.

Here are some of my favorites from the day.


Ready to go! All dressed up in their new dress and suit. When did they get so grown up?



Mother of the groom pinning flowers on my Brother in Law Curtis who served as one of the ushers.



Tears of Joy.



Just seconds before being husband and wife.



The kiss!



Jared and Lainie Gratrix. Larger than Life.



Lainie and the girls.



Jared, Lainie and the helper kids. Is it just me or does five kids look good on them?



Head table decoration.



I'll just have the gravy please.



Dinner kiss as demanded by the clinking of the glasses.



Someone is getting roasted by his best man.
 


The Grooms Uncle Mickey. My Father In Law. My best poporatzi photo of the night.



My daughter enthralled by the happy couple dancing their first dance as husband and wife.
 


Grandma and her grandkids. My kids.
 


God Mother and God Daughter.

These are my favorites of the night that I took. A good time was definitely had by all. It's about time Jared and Lainie got married. They've been perfect for each other as long as I've know them both.

Congrats to you both. I hope you have the best life together possible.

Chris.

No comments:

Post a Comment