Thursday, August 28, 2008

Got A Wireless Transmitter

I'm pretty excited. I just got my new wireless transmitter! I didn't go for one of those $200.00 or $300.00 models. I purchased a $24.95 unit from Gadget Infinity out of Hong Kong. I know what you are thinking but this is a sweet unit. It came highly recommended by Chris Marquardt of my favorite podcast Tips From The Top Floor.

I bought the lowest end model they had. I wanted to see if that one would work. The range is 30 meters although they have one that boasts up to 100 meters. I just wanted it for those intimate group shots in which I'm sure I'll not be more than 10 meters away from the camera.

Here is a couple of shots I took with the unit.

IMG_9221
18mm, ISO 100, f/3.5 for 1/50 sec.

IMG_9228
20mm, ISO 100, f/3.5 for 1/80 sec.

I like the resulting photos. Not bad for me not being behind the camera. I set the zoom, ISO and aperture then let the camera pick it's shutter speed. It's a little under exposed but hey, I can fix that and I was not too concerned for this test.

Here is a picture of the transmitter and receiver.

IMG_9242

It's a nice small unit about the size of a car stater remote. The only down side to it is the receiver unit just hangs from the camera. Not a major issue. It's light. I'll post some more shots as I do more testing with it.

Chris.

No comments:

Post a Comment