Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Photo For Now #001

Ok, so here we go. This is the first installment of Photo For Now. In these posts, I'm going to put some examples of my work. Usually one of my better and newer shots. I'll try not to go back too far in my archives.

So for this post, I have selected one from a sunrise series I did at Fork Lake Alberta. I'm not a big morning person so getting up at 5:30 am to shoot some photos was a big deal for me. As it was the sun didn't come up until after 6:30am and I had to wait for it to clear the cloud bank on the horizon.

It was cold, cold, cold! I had to hold my breath while taking the shots as my breath was clouding up the photos. I think the result was worth the wait and the cold. I took several shots using the cat tails along the shore to frame the rising sun. My favorite part of this photo is the flare around the sun. I like how it distorts the shape of the sun.

IMG_9170


47mm, ISO 100, f/16 for 1/800 sec.

Chris.

No comments:

Post a Comment