Monday, November 2, 2009

Tamron AF18-270mm f/3.5-6.3 DiII VC - More Thoughts.

I'm really starting to like this lens. It's sharp, quick focusing and the vibration compensation works really well. I've gotten used to the reversed zoom direction and the little sticky spot at 100mm. I used only this lens all weekend and took some pretty good shots with it.

Here are some of the better shots I got this weekend.

IMG_2775 50D 10292009


Jack O'Lantern


305/365 2009. Chocolate Cookie Halloween House.


Available Light


As for the things I don't like about this lens. Well the main one is that it seems to under expose a lot. The meter says I'm good but the image comes out under exposed. It may just be me. This happens mostly indoors. My outdoor shots look fine. I also don't like the way it's messing with my white balance. With all my Canon lenses, I could run on auto white balance and it would be pretty close. With this Tamron lens it seems to be hit or miss. Not a big issue since I shoot raw but a bit of a pain.


I've got a couple of shoots lined up for this month and I will be using this lens as a test of "real world" applications but so far I am very happy with the lens. Not to say that my everyday photography is not "real world" LOL.


Chris.

No comments:

Post a Comment