Saturday, March 13, 2010

Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro.

I rented the Canon 100mm f/2.8 macro lens this weekend to finish up an assignment for my NYIP course. I can't wait to get that done! I like the lens. It's not the stabilized version so I needed my tripod to do any macro work but that was alright.

Here is the lens.

72.365 Macro Lens


I like it. It's light, fairly quick to focus when using it as a normal lens. As a macro, I was much quicker focusing manually. Again, not unexpected. I only used it for some macro work but I liked the results. Colors looked good and the white balance was not all out of whack. Here are some sample shots I took with it.


Key Macro


Toy Jeep Macro


Toy Jeep Macro


Strawberry With Fill



I'm wondering how much success I would have with a regular lens and extension tubes. Next time. For now, I am quite happy with the results. $20.00 well spent!



Chris.

No comments:

Post a Comment