Thursday, March 11, 2010

Renting Lenses.

I've been captured by the lens rental bug. This weekend I'm renting two lenses. A Canon 100mm f/2.8 macro and the Canon 24-70mm f/2.8 L.

The 100mm will be to complete the macro assignment in my NYIP photography course and just to play with. I've never used a macro lens before. I'm looking forward to it.

The 24-70mm is for the decision to save for this lens. It is one of two lenses I'm thinking of purchasing down the road. The 70-200. f/2.8 IS L is the other that I will rent when the new version becomes available. These are the two high end lenses I'm considering for business purposes.

I'm renting the lenses from Vistek here in Edmonton for a great price. The 100mm will cost me $20.00CAD for the weekend and the 24-70mm will set me back $36.00CAD for the weekend. Compared to a purchase price of $720.00 CAD for the 100mm and $1550.00 for the 24-70mm renting is a great idea if you are unsure of your needs. Even if you need it but only occasionally, the price is great. The 100mm I'll only need for this assignment but the 24-70mm is a future purchase consideration.

Watch here for my thoughts on these lenses and of course some sample images after I return them next week.

Chris.

No comments:

Post a Comment