Thursday, June 10, 2010

Flickr Photographer Interview - Billy Fairchild

It seems I'm on a roll this week with interviews! I truly enjoy Billy's photography. I love to see how he sees the world. I think it reminds me of how I see the world (that should scare you Billy! LOL). Enjoy the interview and please check out his Flickr stream and his blog.

Billy Fairchild (28Photos)

1 ) How long have you been interested in photography?

I had an instant interest in photography the moment that my parents bought me an old Kodak 110 camera when I was 5. I can remember being amazed with taking abstract viewpoints, and being so excited when they came back from being developed.

2 ) What got you started in photography?

See above I suppose lol, However professionally I started taking some classes and people started seeing my work. I was more into nature, abstract stuff at first. I never really wanted to do portraits, then in March of 2009 my 5 year old son passed away. I realized that portraits may not be able to save life, but it can really capture ones spirit and keep memories of them for years to come.

3 ) Do you have any photographers who's work you admire?

Honestly everyone's. I love seeing how each photographer has their own style. It's great.

4 ) What inspires you to make photographs?
Just a passion, it's like I get a giddy feeling when I see something that would look great in a photo.

5 ) Do you have a specific style that you like to shoot, such as portraits, fine art, photojournalism?

Well, pretty much all of the above. I do portraits professionally for a large company, as well as on my own. But, there is nothing like shooting something that no one else would see in the way I did through my camera.

6 ) What is your favorite photographic subject?

Old barns, I love them and have always been fascinated by them.

7 ) What gear do you shoot with?
I shoot a Nikon D300s with 18-55mm, 50mm Prime, and 55-200, as well as a few lensbaby lenses.

8 ) What is your favorite lens?

Hands down my 50mm 1.4

9 ) Do you shoot in Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority Or Manual?

Full manual ONLY

10 ) Where do you see your photography in 10 years?

I am hoping to open my own studio within two years. Crossing my fingers!

11 ) Do you have a tip for our readers?

Shoot manual! If you think you can't your wrong! Just force yourself, it will come and you will be happy you did!

12 ) Do you have a favorite photo of yours that you would like to share with us?

58/365 Beale Street is such a howl!



That's great stuff Billy. Thank you once again for sharing with us.



Chris.

No comments:

Post a Comment