Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Remember When It Was Just Fun?

I live in Canada and we have lots of snow in the winter. I remember when I was a kid and we would go sledding. It was the most fun in the winter we could have. Even when you got hurt it was worth it!

My kids love sledding too. I don't take them often enough. Always there is an excuse. It's too cold, it's too windy, I have too much other stuff to do today. It doesn't matter what excuse, it's just an excuse. Look at these faces, how could I deny them this much fun?



As an adult we get so caught up in our "problems" that we forget the pure joy that can be found in sliding down a hill on a piece of plastic or bike riding or jumping off a dock at the lake. 

While I was standing there on the hill shivering, I watched my kids and all the other kids on the hill and thought, what a terrible joke life plays on us by making us grow up. Then I thought why do we have to grow up? Where's the fun in that? LOL. There is a difference between being irresponsible and refusing to grow up. You can still be responsible and embrace that child that is still lurking there just under the surface. In fact, it's your responsibility in life to live it to the fullest and enjoy it. So next time the kids want to go sledding, I'm taking my sled too and chasing them down the hill.

Stop taking life so seriously. Get out there and act like a kid again. Your kids will love it and you will too.

Chris.


No comments:

Post a Comment