Thursday, August 26, 2010

Outdoor Flash Photos

I've been meaning to take my lighting set up outside. Today was that day. I needed to experiment.

I started just with the Canon 430 just in my hand off to camera left and up a little. I think I was around 1/8 power here maybe 1/16th. I snapped a couple of the kids to see what I would get. I was after a nice blue sky so I adjusted my exposure so I would be about 1 stop under exposed. The flash took care of the kids.

08252010 _MG_6521 50D


Throw Some Light Our Way Dad!!



I liked the look but thought it may be a little harsh with the bare flash. I grabbed my light stand and umbrella and tried some more. This one is the one I liked the best.


So Serious!



I'm not sure which look I like the best. I like the harsh pop of the bare flash with the darker sky but I also like the softer look of the umbrella shot. What do you think?


Oh, of course being the Dad that I am I had to play a joke on them too. I had them hold the umbrella up asking them to make sure it did not touch the ground as it was bad for the umbrella. As they were laughing and looking up at the umbrella I took this shot...


I'll Hold It.....What The?!


They didn't find it too funny. Me on the other hand, well I had to put my camera down. Any photos taken after this would have had some pretty bad camera shake, I was laughing so hard!



Chris.

4 comments:

  1. wow, great blog! picture num 1 and 2 are perfect!! you could sell it dude! :) (maybe for insurance ads) :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much Emak....I've been having a look at your blog. Nice. Great information there. I will have to subscribe to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By a long shot, one of the best article l have come across on this valuable subject. I quite go along with with your assumptions and will thirstily look forward to your future updates.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post you got here. It would be great to read something more concerning this topic. The only thing I would like to see on that blog is some photos of some devices.

    John Stepman
    phone signal blocker

    ReplyDelete