Thursday, August 27, 2009

Budding Photographer Interview - Dawn Bourget.

I've been watching Dawn's photo stream on flickr for quite a while now. I'm always struck by her ability to take the everyday and make it art. Everything from a scraped knee to a field of hay bales are thought out and photographed just right. She has a keen eye composition, color and well everything that always inspires me.

Photographer name: Dawn Bourget, Flickr Stream, Website.

1 ) How long have you been interested in photography?

Ever since I was little, I was interested in photography. I remember getting my first camera at about 12 years old. I took that camera everywhere.

2 ) What got you started in photography?

When my daughter was born, my passion for photography was reborn too. I was in awe of her and wanted to capture every moment and milestone. It was about 3 years later, when all my friends and family had me photographing there kids and families. So, with the support of my husband Dawn Bourget Photography became a reality. www.dawnbourgetphotography.ca

3 ) Do you have any photographers who's work you admire?

Wow so many photographers inspire me.

4 ) What inspires you to make photographs?

Life… It’s a cliché but life is so short and goes by so fast, photographs help to make our memories last a lifetime. That’s what drew me to “the 365” capturing those everyday fleeting moments.

5 ) Do you have a specific style that you like to shoot? Such as portraits, fine art, photojournalism etc.

I prefer lifestyle/photojournalism. I don’t think photography has to always be about the perfect shot.

6 ) What is your favorite photographic subject?

Well, if you’ve seen my 365 you know it’s my daughter. She has always been my inspiration.

7 ) What gear do you shoot with?

I’m a Canon girl =) The EOS 5D Mark II with various lens.

8 ) What is your favorite lens?

Currently it’s the 50 mm 1.4 lens.

9 ) Do you shoot in Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority or Manual?

I shoot manual.

10 ) Where do you see your photography in 10 years?

Let’s see – photographing ads for GAP would be nice.

11 ) Do you have a tip for our readers?

Light is your friend in photography, learn to use it to your benefit.

12 ) Do you have a favorite photo of yours that you would like to share with us?

That’s hard; my favorite photographs change almost daily. Here’s one from my last session before leaving Ontario to move to Alberta. The connection between this mother and her newborn was so overwhelming; it brought tears to my eyes. Moments like this are priceless, and memories for a lifetime to come.

newborn



Thank you very much Dawn.

I recommend that everyone check out Dawn's photos. Especially her Emelie set which really shows the thought that goes into her photography. Then head to her website and check out her work. Fantastic photos there.

Chris.

No comments:

Post a Comment