Monday, May 31, 2010

Does The Eye You Shoot With Affect Your Creativity?

I've been thinking about this question lately. It's known that the left side of your brain is more logical. Science and math type of thinking. The left side of your brain also controls the right side of you body, including the right eye. The right side of the brain is more creative. It likes music, art and 3D shapes. It controls the left side of your body, including your left eye.

Does it matter which eye you look through the viewfinder to compose your photo? Would you get a more artistic composure using you left eye or a more technically correct photo using your right eye?

I'm a left eye shooter. I like to think that I'm tapping directly into my creative mind while I'm composing my photos. It may explain why I failed to notice the branch creeping into the photo in my last post! While I'm thinking about my shot and setting it up, I'm using both eyes so I hope my left brain is helping me with my technical issues but once I put that camera to my eye, it's all right brained baby.

I'd like to show some examples of my left eye vs right eye shots but I never shoot with my right eye so I don't have any! I will try to take some shots with my right eye though to compare. In the mean time, here are some of my favorite "left eye" photos.


Rain Drops 127.365 Orchid. 124.365 Jelly Belly 118.365 Kiwi



Chris.

No comments:

Post a Comment