Sunday, May 30, 2010

Watch Your Edges!

One thing I've learned from the NYIP Professional Photography course is to watch your background. Watch for things that may be growing out of the heads of your subjects or running through them.
Another is to watch for things creeping in around the edges of the frame.

With this photo, I was so into the snow on the leaf that I failed to notice the branch cutting across the bottom right corner. I've tried cropping it but cannot find a crop to my liking. A slightly different angle would have solved this before it became a problem.

05292010 IMG_2572 50D



This square crop was the best I could do. I'm not a big fan of square crops. It tends to put the subject dead center on me. But I think in this case I was able to salvage the photo.


05292010 IMG_2572 50D-2


Chris.

No comments:

Post a Comment