Tuesday, April 23, 2013

New Piece Of Gear - SD to CF Card Adapter


I'm sure you've seen these before. This is an SD to CF card adapter. Basically you put an SD card in from the right there and then put this whole thing into your CF card slot in your camera.

CF cards are getting harder to find and getting more expensive. The 16GB CF cards the I like are $65.00 from my local photography shop where as the 32GB equivalent speed in an SD card is $32.00 at my local Best Buy! I did some testing with the 32GB card from my video camera and found that it's just as fast as the CF card I normally use. When it comes to these cards, I'm more than happy to buy the cheaper smaller sized ones and use them in my camera. Now I don't have to carry around that card reader either. I can plug the SD card right into the card reader in my laptop.

Isn't technology an amazing thing these days.


No comments:

Post a Comment