Monday, September 28, 2009

Can I Be A Photographer?

I find myself lately asking myself if I have what it takes to be a photographer. Not just the guy in the family who takes all the pictures but a real honest to goodness photographer. One who has the skills required to get paid for his photography.

Well, I read a lot of blogs about photography and listen to a lot of podcasts about photography. I mean a lot. I usually have a podcast going while I'm working. It's a bit of an obsession. I came across a post on Marc Silber's blog that has answered this question for me. Check out the post and see what I mean.

Last year, Brian May, guitarist extraordinaire, earned a Ph.D. in astrophysics! Astrophysics people! I knew he was intelligent but wow! Not only this but he is also co-authoring a book about 19th century photographer T.R. Williams.

Ok, now when I was a "musician" playing my guitar in various garage bands, we played a lot of Queen. Brian May is an amazing guitarist. So, now that I am into photography with a fever that consumes my very soul, I think I can make it work. Plain and simple. If one of my guitar heroes can become an Astrophysisist, then I can become a photographer.

Once again, Rock And Roll inspires me to achieve more.

Chris.

No comments:

Post a Comment