Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Made A Rookie Mistake....But CS5 Saved It!

Sunday night we had some awesome storm clouds rolling over the city. Behind one was a great rainbow and I just had to capture it. I grabbed my camera and headed up to the second floor to take a shot from a higher vantage point. I took it from the bathroom which had the best view but I made a rookie mistake. I didn't turn of the lights in the bathroom!

Look at the photo below and you will see the lights on the left side about 1/3 of the way from the top.

Rain Clouds And Rainbow.


I was disappointed to say the least. But then I remembered that CS5 has content aware fill! So, I downloaded the demo and set to it.


Below is the resulting photo which I tweaked a bit more. I cooled the light a bit and adjusted the curves a bit for a bit more of a dramatic look.


07042010 IMG_3778 50D A


I am quite happy with the resulting photo. This was just a quick and dirty fix too. Nothing fancy or difficult. I may just have to save all my pennies and purchase CS5.



Chris.

No comments:

Post a Comment