Monday, July 12, 2010

191.365 Osprey.

Saturday July 10 2010.

My son and I went for a quad ride to see what was up around the lake and I spotted our local Osprey. This bird doesn't show itself too often so I was inclined to hang around for a while to see what it would do.

It went fishing. It hung in the air like the biggest hummingbird you ever saw swooping occasionally at the water below until it finally found it's prey. A small, maybe 8 inch long, northern pike. It happened so fast that I missed the dive completely. I was too busy watching this amazing bird.

191.365 Osprey.



This Osprey was hovering over the lake just waiting for a fish to get too close to the surface.



Osprey Fishing.



With fish in talon, this Osprey will eat good today.



Osprey Fishing.



Finally resting on a branch, this Osprey can enjoy his lunch.


Osprey With Fish.



Chris.

No comments:

Post a Comment