Friday, July 9, 2010

190.365 Mid Morning Thunder Storm

Friday July 9 2010.

I was watching this storm coming towards my office this morning and was about to head up to the roof for some shots of it when a huge bolt of lightning shot out. I changed my mind.

Instead I opted for some out the window shots where I am safer from lightning strikes! Pleas excuse the reflections on the window glass.

I put my circular polarizer on and tuned in some extra darkness so I could drop my shutter speed down. As it is even with f/22 I was only able to get it down to 1/10 of a second. I popped off 183 photos in total and only got 3 with lightning. Pretty good for only 1/10 of a second exposures. The best part of July is the thunder storms. I hope I can get far enough away from some this summer to get some great lightning shots.

190.365 Mid Morning Thunder Storm



Here are the other two I managed to get.


Mid Morning Thunder Storm.


Mid Morning Thunder Storm.



Chris.

No comments:

Post a Comment