Monday, October 19, 2009

Digital Photography Tips - Post Processing Warning!

I just have to say be careful how much you post process your images. I'm not talking about enhancing things after the fact here. I'm talking about simple sharpening. I recently did a shoot, the post before this, and was very excited about the photos. They looked so good on the camera. When I uploaded them into Lightroom though, I was met with this.....

What's going on here?


Look at the terrible artifacting around his mouth and chin and nose, well everywhere really! I was very disappointed. I thought it must have been something I had done during the shoot.


Turns out, I had the radius and detail sliders too high in lightoom. It was causing all sorts of issues. Once I backed them off and the clarity slider a little, it looked much better. I also turned the masking up to just catch the edges of everything.


Gotta stop playing with the settings all the time. :)


Chris.

No comments:

Post a Comment