Thursday, October 15, 2009

Photo Of The Day - 287 of 365. Albert In Flash.

Thursday October 15 2009.

I've been struggling with lighting subjects with flash. Even the photos I got good reviews on took me 20 to 30 tries. A friend loaned me his copy of the Strobist Lighting Seminar. After watching it for a while and snapping shome shots of Albert here at the same time, a light went on inside my head.

The flash does not care what shutter speed you are using. It only cares about your ISO and aperture! Shutter speed only controls how much of the ambient light you include in your photo!

Where was that understanding 2 months ago when I was fighting with my studio portraits?!

Oh, this photo was taken before the light went on.

287/365 2009. Albert In Flash.


Canon 50D, EF50mm f/1.8 II, ISO 400, f/11 for 1/125 sec.


Strobist: 430EX @ 1/64 power. Bare. Camera Left. White reflector board camera right.


Chris.

No comments:

Post a Comment